1. Yajilarra Festival is committed to protecting an individual’s right to privacy. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 which sets out principles regarding the protection of your personal information.
2. This Privacy Statement explains how we use and disclose personal information which we hold about you and the privacy rights you have in relation to that information
3. This Privacy Statement may be updated occasionally. We encourage you to review it on our website regularly.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
4. We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address
- e-mail address
- telephone contact number
- company name
- age or birth date
- profession, occupation or job title
- the products and services you have purchased or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites, through our representatives or otherwise
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time
- ABN (for registered Festival participants)
- Bank account details (for registered Festival participants presenting a ticketed event)
5. We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect aggregated information about how users use our website or anonymous answers to surveys.
How do we collect your personal information?
6. We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- when you request information from us
- when you book tickets to Yajilarra Festival
- when you register as an artist with Yajilarra Festival
- when you apply to work as a volunteer with Yajilarra Festival
- when you make a donation to us
- when you subscribe to our mailing lists or eNews
- when you access, use or log in to our website
- when you enter a competition
- during conversations between you and our representatives
7. We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as ticketing companies
- from third party companies such as market research companies
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
8. If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all (this could include information regarding performance changes or cancellations)
- we may not be able to provide you with information about jobs or volunteering with us
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about events, discounts, sales, artist opportunities or special promotions
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
9. We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
10. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to notify you in the case of changes in date or time of a performance
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you
- to answer enquiries, and provide information or advice about existing and new products, services or events
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to Yajilarra Festival’s related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Yajilarra Festival, its contractors, or service providers
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you
- to respond to you regarding employment enquiries or enquiries regarding volunteering with Yajilarra Festival
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in cooperation with any governmental authority of any country (or political subdivision of a country)
- To pass on to the artist/event organiser or venue if you have authorised us to do so during the booking process. During this process, you will be asked if you would like to receive information from the artist/event organiser/venue for the events you have purchased. If you give your consent, we may forward this information (name and email only) to the artist/event organiser/venue if they request it. Yajilarra Festival is not responsible for the management or use of this data. If you no longer wish to receive this information; you will need to contact the artist/event organiser/venue to unsubscribe.
Who may we disclose your information to?
12. We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, ticketing providers, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- to suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial or artistic relationships for creative, business, marketing, and related purposes
- another organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
Direct marketing materials
13. We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications are sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a particular method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
14. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing without your consent.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
18. You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (eg. by mailing or emailing it to you).
19. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
20. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone overseas?
21. We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
22. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
23. We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our related bodies corporate
- our data hosting and other IT service providers
- other third parties (such as ticketing or registration site providers)
24. Yajilarra Festival takes reasonable steps and has security measures in place to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
26. We may log IP addresses (i.e. the electronic addresses of computers connected to the Internet) to analyse trends, administer the Website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Links and Social Media Sites
27. Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in an appropriate manner with which you are satisfied.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Fitzroy Crossing WA 6765